Lumberville Athenium School

The original Lumberville School was one of a few eight-sided schoolhouses, built about 1824 at the intersection of Saw Mill and Greenhill roads. The school was originally run by the Quakers until 1842 when it was sold to the Solebury Township School District. The building continued in use until 1858 when the school district rented the basement of the Lumberville Methodist Church. The eight-sided building was used as a residence for a few years and was then demolished.