2021 STHS Calendar of Events
Watch for additional information as it becomes available.
October 9, 2021
2:30 – 5:30
Painting, “Bonfire”, inspired by William Lathrop, grandfather of PA Impressionist movement and the originator of the Phillips Mill Art Show.
October 17, 2021
1 pm until 4 pm
Join us for a Walk in the Park at Aquetong Spring.
Co-hosted by Solebury Township Aquetong Spring Park Advisory Committee and Solebury Township Historical Society.
- Dress for the weather, pack a picnic (with drinks and a blanket), put on your walking shoes, and explore our newly-reopened Aquetong Spring Park and Nature Preserve.
- Learn about the environmental science, the engineering, and construction that helped to restore and preserve this special site.
- Examine some of the mini habitats that emerged from the removal of the dam.
- Wander through the park on our newly-laid-out paths.
- Meet members of the Lenape Nation of Pennsylvania to hear their stories and learn about the role Aquetong spring played in pre-colonial Lenni Lenape Culture.
- Find out about the importance Aquetong Spring and Watershed played in the economic history and development of the Township from the colonial period into independence and nationhood.
- Hear about the importance of the trout inhabiting the stream to the overall health of the Watershed and the park as a whole. (And see if you can spot a few in the stream!)
- Talk to an expert on the birds and animals that live in the Park and see if you can identify any of them during your walk.
- Find out what will happen to the Bond House and see a portrait of the man who built it.
- Take a few pictures – or paint or sketch a few!
- And DON’T FORGET THE KIDS!
Located along U.S. Route 202 and the corner of Lower Mountain Road, this 48-acre site was acquired by Solebury Township in 2009 from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
January 2, 2022 Save The Date- New Years Brunch
Holly Hedge Estate- Check back for more information.