Highland School was established in 1821 by the Solebury Presbyterian Church, now known as Thompson Memorial. The Cooper family deeded the land on Aquetong Road between Old Windy Bush and River roads to the church for $1.00. It was operated by the church until 1857 when it was deeded to the Solebury Township School District. The original wood structure was then demolished and the current stone structure was built. It was sold in 1937 when the schools were consolidated and is now a private residence.