Isaiah Paxson was the original owner of the property now known as Burgess Lea, located on River Road northeast of the village of Centre Bridge. The house was built in 1785 in the Federal Style with Georgian influences. There are eight stone buildings on the property including the main house, barn, smoke house, and others. The main house is 2½ stories and has a one-store shed addition. The property was given national recognition in 1984 and is located within the Centre Bridge Historic District.