Members of the Heritage Conservancy’s Historical Review Board Committee and the Board of the Solebury Township Historical Society commemorate the addition of Solebury’s one room schoolhouse as a Historic Place on the Register of Historic Places. The Heritage Conservancy, which works to preserve noted buildings and sites in Bucks and Montgomery counties, recognized the STHS for its work to preserve the 1755 site and 1865 structure located at 3020 North Sugan Rd. Solebury, PA which is open to the public every Wednesday, 3-5 PM or by appointment. First row: Stephanie Garomon, Pres., STHS, holding the commemorative plaque. Second row, left to right: Denise Blasdale, Toby Hoffman, Melody Hunt; Third row, left to right: Ralph Fey, Linda Brinker, Sue-Ann DiVito; Fourth row, left to right: Terry McNealy, Nancy Brown, Robert McEwan.
Click on thumbnails below to view photos full size.
Annual Picnic at Tinsman Brothers Lumberyard, April 27, 2017
Meetinghouse Road History Walk, May 6, 2017
Relief for the Poor in Late 18th Century and Early 19th Century, March 5, 2017
Lecture by Jesse Crooks
Impression-Sips, February 26, 2016
Solebury New Year’s Brunch, January 1, 2017
Annual Meeting, November 13, 2016
Solebury Friends Cemetery Tour, November 12, 2016
Led by Jesse Crooks
Solebury Day, September 17, 2016
Second annual Solebury Day at Laurel Park. Nancy Lawson was the winner of the raffle with the prize being a Solebury throw. Nancy chose the red one.
Annual Picnic at the home of Jillian McGlone, August 21, 2016
Second Graders Visit the Schoolhouse, May 23, 2016
STHS hosted the New Hope-Solebury second graders at the schoolhouse. Board members Marnie Newman-Leasure, Darcy Fair, and Stephanie Garomon and volunteer Michele Stulpin worked with the four 2nd grade classes and their teachers. The children sang songs accompanied by Darcy on the harp, discussed community, and went on a historic scavenger hunt.
This Old House, April 19, 1998
The Solebury one-room schoolhouse, built 1765, rebuilt 1810 and 1870. This photo gallery was a school project of Jim Reiss and Adrian Potter. The long captions are theirs.