“Perfect Pairings” Creative Chemistry Coupling Food & Wine
Since 1981, the Solebury Township Historical Society has hosted community programs and events, made possible with generous contributions from local individuals, businesses and organizations, as well as the volunteers who run the organization and coordinate its activities throughout the year.
Please help us continue our mission by sponsoring “Perfect Pairings”, the major fundraiser featuring fine wines and gourmet prepared foods by chef Chadd Jenkins on Saturday, October 12, 2019, 5-8pm at a private residence in New Hope, PA.
Your participation funds ongoing activities and projects to:
- Preserve the rich history of Solebury Township through research, interpretation, and education.
- Maintain the historic one-room schoolhouse, listed on the Heritage Conservancy’s Register of Historic Places and actively used for meetings, programs and archives. Archives are accessible to the public with appointments and used to research local properties.
- Collect, record, and study local events, individuals, families, and everyday life through oral history programs, such as “Souls of Solebury”.
- Host annual New Year’s Day brunch and Honored Citizens of Solebury award; annual summer picnic; annual Open House; annual members meeting and potluck supper.
- Administer Ned Harrington Scholarships to New Hope-Solebury High School and Solebury School seniors.
- Conduct educational lectures and presentations such as Genealogy Research.
- Celebrate cultural heritage of Pennsylvania Impressionists with “Impression-Sips” painting workshops.
- Lead guided walks through historical and horticultural areas.
Sponsors receive benefits including tickets, ads in the program book, and business links on the Society website for one year.
Thank you for your consideration,
Melody Hunt and Marnie Leasure, Co-Chairs
Board Members, Solebury Township Historical Society
Individual tickets are $125. Click here to reserve a space now!