The land on the hill off of Mechanics Street was purchased from William and Rachel Horn in 1851. The New Hope Elementary served grades one to ten in two rooms. It was in use until the consolidation of the schools and the opening of the new buildings in 1938. Former students remember the 1918 painting of the schoolhouse by Joseph Pickett hanging in the school. The building was turned into apartments, then sold as a private residence, and now is the home of the New Hope Jewish congregation, Kehilat NaHanar.