The basement of the original Lumberville Methodist Church on the north side of River Road was used for the Lumberville School for a short time in 1858 until a new school was built on Greenhill Road. The building, which was completed in 1858, is now a private residence.
Ned Harrington in his book about schoolhouses in Solebury identified the former Lumberville Methodist church on the south side of River Road as the location of the Lumberville Auxiliary School. This building was not completed until 1868. The original church, whose basement was used as the school, was build in 1858.