James Logan was the grantee of the land on which the Ingham House stands. In 1737 he sold the land to Jonathan. The house was completed before 1747. The Ingham family also built a mill pond and a textile mill below the Great Spring and almost certainly because of the availability of fresh water, the Continental armies camped here on all trips down the York Road. Jonathan Jr. was a physician, and the Ingham house was used as a hospital by the troops with Jonathan treating the sick and wounded.
Save the Date!
Thanks To Our Sponsors, Please Support Them!
Michener Art Museum & STHS Joint Program at the Schoolhouse!
2017 Annual Picnic
August 27, 4-7pm. Click for details.
Help STHS preserve our history. Click on the Donate button below.
Share This Page
Stay in Touch!