The Cuttalossa Valley follows the meandering path of the Cuttalossa Creek, and the historic district begins at Sugan Road and continues to the river. The district includes 23 buildings and other structures. There are homes, outbuildings, mill sites, dams, and mill races along the way. In the 18th and 19th centuries the valley was the home of five mills and two factories. The village of Lumberton, home of the former Hard Times Tavern, is located at the end of the road near the river. Other houses of note are the Kenderdine House and Cuttalossa Farm, home of artist Daniel Garber from 1907 to 1958. The valley was given national recognition in 2001.
Save the Date!
Thanks To Our Sponsors, Please Support Them!
2017 Annual Picnic
August 27, 4-7pm. Click for details.
Help STHS preserve our history. Click on the Donate button below.
Share This Page
Stay in Touch!