In 2017 STHS established a scholarship to be awarded to a single mother who is attending Bucks County Community College (BCCC). The scholarship will be given in three parts for three years of study. The terms and conditions as well as the application process are contained in the Memo of Understanding between STHS and BCCC. The scholarship is open to students who meet the following criteria at the time of application:
- Is a single mother, raising at least one child.
- Has completed a minimum of 6 credits at BCCC.
- Intends to enroll in at least 6 credits in the fall semester after the award is made in the spring.
- Demonstrates financial need as determines by BCCC’s Financial Aid Office.
- Possesses a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Answers required essay and submits a letter of recommendation speaking to the applicant’s academic performance, potential, and goals
One of STHS’s three key missions is education. Aside from the programs we conduct at the schoolhouse, we believe funding scholarships allows our members and community to promote the future success of individuals, Solebury Township, and Bucks County. We hope to help mitigate the financial burden of seeking higher education for a resident who must work 20 hours a week or take on loans to pay for classes. Because 75% of BCCC graduates stay in Bucks County, we are confident that the small tide of our giving will help raise all boats.