The town this is now known as Carversville was first settled about 1726 with the construction of several mills along the Paunacussing Creek. Originally called Mill Town, the name was gradually changed to Milton. In 1833 when the Postal Service was going to put a post office in Milton, the town was told they could not use that name because there was already a town in Pennsylvania called Milton. Since the Carver family owned most of the property in the town, Milton became Carversville. Thomas Carver, whose family helped settle the village and operated a mill, was appointed the first postmaster and as such presided over the focal point of the community.
Save the Date!
Thanks To Our Sponsors, Please Support Them!
2017 Annual Picnic
August 27, 4-7pm. Click for details.
Help STHS preserve our history. Click on the Donate button below.
Share This Page
Stay in Touch!