The Highton School, also called the New Prospect School, was started in 1830 by the Wrightstown Meeting. It was sold in 1867 to the Solebury Township School District. Almost immediately the school board sold the building and property to Mahlon Atkinson, who demolished the building. The Hillside School was built to replace it. (The exact location of this school is unknown.)
Save the Date!
Thanks To Our Sponsors, Please Support Them!
Michener Art Museum & STHS Joint Program at the Schoolhouse!
2017 Annual Picnic
August 27, 4-7pm. Click for details.
Help STHS preserve our history. Click on the Donate button below.
Share This Page
Stay in Touch!