Some of the troops of General William Alexander (Lord Sterling) were housed for three weeks before the Battle of Trenton in 1776 on the Old Fort located on the area between the current Free Library of New Hope and Solebury and the Wedgewood Inn. In 1778 the area was used by General George Washington’s troops on their way from Valley Forge to Monmouth, NJ, to stop the troops of General Sir Henry Clinton from reaching New York.
Save the Date!
Thanks To Our Sponsors, Please Support Them!
2017 Annual Picnic
August 27, 4-7pm. Click for details.
Help STHS preserve our history. Click on the Donate button below.
Share This Page
Stay in Touch!