The Benjamin Paxson family owned Rolling Green Farm during the revolution. The farm is located on York Road, one of the major roads between Philadelphia and New York. In 1778 both General Lee’s army and General Washington’s army traveled this road in pursuit of Lt. General Sir Henry Clinton’s British Army, which had just left Philadelphia. Some of the soldiers camped overnight at Rolling Green on the way to Coryell’s Ferry, the crossing of the Delaware River. At least one soldier could not continue on with his company, and he died at the farm leaving a small wooden eating bowl. This is now the property of the Society and its story is well documented.