In 1876 Solebury residents raised funds for the construction of a community hall in Center Hill on Upper York Road just north of Sugan Road. This hall was initially used by the community for dances, plays, parties, voting, and church suppers. There was also a general store on the first floor. For a few years the building was used by the school district for the children who had completed their studies at the Center Hill Elementary School, the STHS one-room schoolhouse. The original stock certificate was bought by Charles Phillips for $10. The total cost of the building was under $2000.